Today in show #112 I provide some insights into getting sponsors that I have found on my own.
1. Find an advertiser that fits your niche. In my case I found two products that I like and I use. There is no “stretch.” These advertisers fit like a glove.
2. I did not lead with the word “podcast.” I called it an Internet Radio Show.
3. I provided a sample report from podtrac.com for one of my podcasts.
4. There are many things you can use in negotiation. These include adding a banner on your site, having them generate coupons (to track sales), track the number of clicks to their site (to help calculate ROI); they could set up their product under a different paypal option to track sales. (I use a program called “Cloak and Tracker“)
The bad news is when I did a google search for “Podcast CPM” I saw number from $30 – $50 (that’s per 1,000 downloads).
Let's go “best case scenario” if you had 20,000 downloads per show. If you charged $50 CPM, that is $4,000 per month (if you produced 4 shows per month).
Another Way to Make Money with Your Podcast
1. You could have a premium (no advertising version) using a tool such as www.121podcasting.com
2. You can have a membership area with additional shows, behind the scenes, forum boards and more. Some membership software scripts include:
Easy Member Pro (New Window)
Is a very easy to use membership program. It has flexible programs (pricing for 3 months, 6 months, a year, etc).
Download Guard (new window)
Is a program that is initially designed to protect digital products that you sell, but also can be used for membership sites.