In a recent article at journalism.co.uk Nate Lanxon talks about Wired.co.uk’s podcast and how it has grown to 20K. Here are some samples from the article:
- Ninety-five episodes later (Note: not six episodes – 95)and the weekly round-table discussion-style podcast gets between 20,000 and 30,000 downloads per week.
- The show is not scripted and Lanxon and his co-presenters do not go through the topics beforehand. We just go in and record and talk (standing up).
- The show has gone through a few revisions since they started
- Each episode takes me about three hours a week in total to create
- They have four condensor microphones and a behringer mixer (Editor’s note: I personally would go with dynamic microphones)
- The podcast is currently distributed via iTunes, on Wired.co.uk and via the free Apple, Android and Blackberry Wired.co.uk news app.
Podcasting Tips From the Wired.co.uk Producers
You should experiment to begin with and don’t necessarily think that your first idea for a podcast is going to be the best idea.
Although it’s easy to make a podcast it’s not that easy to make a good one, but money doesn’t necessarily be the deciding factor there (they spent around $500 for their entire setup).
Share the love
Get free updates