Today we hear a great podcast success story of Nikola Danaylov' podcast called Singularity 1 on 1, and how he used it to interview experts who later would write recommendation letters that would lead to “Nick” getting into a very prestigious school. Here are some key take aways:
1. He has been podcasting for three years
2. When we first tried to get guests he had a 10% success rate
3. He TRULY believes in his topic, and has a passion and purpose.
4. Eventually it started to get easier to get guests
5. Guests like to talk about themselves, and Nick's topic. Show them how they will benefit when you ask them to be on your show.
6. Provide a great show that people want to be on (get good graphics, intros, outros).
In the end Nick was able to get the experts he interviewed to write him referral letters that got him into a very prestigious school (there were 2100 applicants for 80 spots) where he got to live on Campus with phenomenal scientists and other great people. He also earned a scholarship. It gets better. When he announced he had been accepted, one of his followers on twitter purchased his plane ticket for him. Check out his podcast at Singularity 1 on 1 Singularity 1 on 1 is a series of podcast interviews with the best scientists, writers, entrepreneurs, film-makers, journalists, philosophers and artists, debating the technological singularity.
Last 5 in 5 from Nikola Danaylov
1. http://entreproducer.com/ – From Brian Clark from Copyblogger
2. Cory Doctorow Craphound Podcast
Mentioned on this Show
If you are looking to earn some money to either pay off a student loan, or to save for college for your children, check out upromise.com. I've earned $8 by buying dog food and a volume pedal (things I would've purchased anyway). You can go in and enter your debt cards and when you spend money at places that participate in the program, you earn commissions that are then used to help fund a college plan, or in my case pay off a student loan. I didn't spend any extra money, and I'm not buying things I don't need. I just earn a commission for purchasing at certain places (and the prices are the same). It didn't cost any money to join. Check it out at upromise.com