We are joined by Glenn “The Geek” Hebert from the Horse Radio Network. Glenn has appeared on the show many times and always brings gold. Today he is sharing insights into choosing and working with co-hosts. He also talks about a new podcast he is working on and how he is getting to do TONS of free adventures for free – because of his podcast.
Because of His Podcast – He Went on a Cruise
Glenn was able to get enough of his audience to join him on a cruise. He thought it would be hard with everyone trying to talk to him, but they had a great time networking together. He used one of his guests to help others who had never gone on a cruise (and she got a free ticket). In addition to that free ticket, Glenn had two additional free tickets.
Glenn shares some tips on having a cruise with your audience.
[5:00] Glenn also was also asked to do a presentation for media people
SPONSOR: Podcast Movement
– Join over 2,000 podcasters from around the world in Philadelphia this July 23 through 26 for three days of workshops, panels, parties and more
– The conference offers over 100 sessions on topics ranging from the technical aspects of setting up your equipment and the audio production to marketing and monetizing your current or future show.
– The expo hall features over 60 podcast service and equipment providers, so whether you're in the market for a microphone, or trying to figure out where to host your podcast, anyone who matters will be on site to help you out
It's July 23 – 26th in Philadelphia PA.
Use the code SOP when you sign up at www.podcastmovement.com and get $50 off any level of registration
They Never Asked About His Downloads and He Got Free Hotels and Passes
- [9:30] They asked for press passes and got a whole lot more.
- Tourist bureaus are arranging everything – he just needs to show up
- They use a Tascam DR-40 to record and use an app on their Android phone called hi-q recorder for his android phone
Choosing and Working With Co-Hosts
- [15:30] Glenn had a co-host leave for a better job
- [17:45] You have to like each other
- Get someone better than you
- [23:40] Prepare, Prepare, Prepare
- But don't prepare too much
- [26:25] Compromise is not a dirty word
- [27:00] Don't be afraid to try new things
- [28:30] If you're not excited to work with them, it's time for them to go. The Wake-Up Test…
- [31:30] Glenn's most targeted audience is also his most profitable
Why You Shouldn't Always Put a Ton of Emphasis on Stats
Danica Patrick did not finish (wreck?) in 16% of her races
She was in 191 races and won 0
She only lead any of her races .12 percent of the time
Best finish was 24th in 2016 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
She has a strong fan base and has been voted the IndyCar Series Most Popular Driver from 2005 to 2010, and the NASCAR Nationwide Series Most Popular Driver in 2012
Patrick was voted the Favorite Female Athlete at the Kids Choice Award in 2008, 2012 and 2013.
One more thing….
#3 Top earning female athletes in 2017 coming in at 9.2 million
Mentioned in This Show
Harry Durran Podcast Junkies
Michael O’Neal's Solopreneur hour
Social Media Marketing World
John Lee Dumas – eofire.com
Dave playing some impromptu Blues with the Sax Player from Pink Floyd special thanks to Harry Durran from Podcast Junkies for the Video