The International Podcast Association was launched at Podcast Movement 2019. Today I talk with two members of the executive board Liz Covart of Ben Franklin's World and Glenn Hebert from the Horse Radio Network.
Because of Our Podcast – We Lost 100 lbs
Emily Prokop and John Jominzu of the Hate to Weight Podcast announced on a recent episode that together they have lost a combined weight of 100lbs. Both say the support form their private Facebook group who cheer them on when they do good, and lift them up when they have a bad week has been a determining force in their weight loss success. I love this clip for:
- Showing the courage each week that reveals their success or failures
- The honest tears of joy that can't be faked
- The humble thanking of the group instead of taking credit for themselves.
Check out their show at www.hatetoweight.com
The International Podcast Association
We are joined by Liz and Glenn from the International Podcast Association who help explain:
- What is it?
- Why do we need it?
- Who is shaping it?
- What do they need from you?
- What do you need from them?
- How long will board members be active?
- How much does it cost?
- What is their first order of business?
- Why they chose to only use board members with no corporate ties at this point.
If you haven't already, please visit www.internatinalpodcastassociation.org/survey
[22:55] Why podcasters are better communicators
[28:14] What about the podcast puppies?
[29:42] No Question of the month in September
Podcast Review Show Prices are Going Up in October
If you want some honest feedback on every inch of your show, you need to move fast at www.podcastreviewshow.com as prices are going up in October.
Currently, you get:
- Two on one consulting (two consultants Dave Jackson of the School of Podcasting and Erik K Johnson from Podcast Talent Coach)
- Review of your audio quality, your flow of content, your goals, your website, artwork, – everything
- Exposure on the Podcast Review Show podcast
- Exposure on the School of Podcasting YouTube Channel
Work With Me
Podcast Baby Steps
Go step by step through launching a podcast. Learn what you need, what it costs, and what tools to use