So many people jump to podcast advertising when they think of making money with their podcast. This may be partially due to listening to the radio which makes its money via advertising.
About Heather Osgood
She started her career in advertising sales and quickly learned the valuable lessons in what it meant to be a business owner. Additionally, she has served as a business coach to hundreds of small business owners. With a background in radio advertising and a love for podcasting, Heather was in a unique position to start an agency that could help both advertisers get better results as well as assist podcasters in finding sponsors. She founded True Native Media in January of 2016 with the hopes of helping everyone find a bigger piece of that advertising pie, and acquired j/k media agency in the fall of 2017 to further those goals.
Check out the Market Success with Podcast Advertising show.
Podcast Advertising Insights
In this episode with Heather Osgood we learn:
- What expectations both the podcaster and advertiser should have in place.
- How many downloads advertisers are looking for in a podcast.
- The best stat to measure your podcast in regards to advertising.
- What the current CPM rates are.
- The different types of advertising.
- How long you should run an advertisement
- Why dynamic ad insertion may be a way to get enough downloads to meet the advertiser download requirements.
Going forward it may be more important when someone listens instead of when the show was published (especially for evergreen content).
If you use programmatic advertising (which pays from what I've calculated .0017 cents per download) why would an advertiser agree to pay more when they know you will accept less?
Check out the Market Success with Podcast AdvertisingEverything you wanted to know about podcast advertisingClick To Tweet
Mentioned in This Podcast
Book Me to Speak at Your Event. I'd love to hear from you