I love it when someone who has listened to this show, and goes out and puts the strategies I talk about like make friends before promoting your podcast or service, or start from where you are, and they come back with a “Because of my podcast story…” Today Hilda followed her passion, and it lead to joining a great community. But she knew that if you want to monetize you have solve a problem for someone. She went to her friends at a nonprofit, and wait until you hear what happens, the adventure that unfolds
Focusrite: The Vocaster Series Made For Podcasters
- AutoGain – Easily set your levels with the click of a button, with more than enough gain on tap (70dB) – no booster needed
- Enhance – Four podcaster-approved voice presets bring out the best in any voice
- Mute – Silence the mic with the touch of a button – don’t let unexpected interruptions get in the way of recording
- Connect your phone – Record phone calls, high-quality music, or other audio from your device, seamlessly
- Record to a camera – Plug in your camera and record directly to its memory card
- Loopback – Stream calls or any other audio you can think of from your computer with two sets of stereo loopback
- Included software – Hindenburg Lite to record, three months of SquadCast Pro + Video to bring in your guests, and six months of Acast Influencer to publish, you’re ready to get your show out there
- Learn more at: Focusrite.com/Vocaster
Podcast Quick Tip
When you mention any brand in your show, be sure to tweet out about your episode and that you mentioned them. In some cases, they may retweet you to their giant brand.
Interview With Holistic Hilda
In this conversation you will hear:
- Start with where you are with what you have
- Make friends and earn trust before doing any pitches
- Find a community that shares your passion
- Getting sponsors is not as easy as it looks
- Be prepared to raise your hand when opportunity knocks
- Finding clients is not as easy as it looks
- Dave reads a part of his book Profit From Your Podcast about fiscal sponsors
Make Money Promoting the School of Podcasting
The School of Podcasting recently updated the back end of the tutorials community and coaching. If you know someone who wants to start a podcast (but don't want all the work of a membership site, support, etc) you can become a School of Podcasting Affiliate and earn 20% commission for each month the person stays subscribed.
QUESTION OF THE MONTH
I need your answer by the end of August 2022
This month's question comes from Dave from Walking is Fitness which is a daily 10-minute podcast designed to help listeners find a little extra motivation to get out for a fitness walk every single day.
Most podcast hosts have a target listener. And I would imagine like most podcasts, there are certain themes and topics that I know that are of greater interest to my target listener.
How often do you return to these key topics?
When you answer tell us about your show (including the WEBSITE ADDRESS).
Where I Will Be?
I look forward to seeing you all, please come up and say high. To see my full itinerary, go to schoolofpodcasting.com/where
Join the School of Podcasting
Get access to step-by-step tutorials, private podcasting mastermind, group coaching, and unlimited one-on-one time-shifted consulting.
Follow the Show and Never Miss an Episode on:
Check out New Podcast Apps for apps to stream bitcoin to podcasters.
Did You Get Value From This Episode?
Enjoy the Show? Buy Dave a Coffee
and give some of that value back.