The School of Podcasting is Now Available as an Amazon Skill
Just ask Alexa “Enable School of Podcasting.” I got this through Libsyn.com (use the coupon code sopfree to get a free month). To hear what you need to do to get your own Amazon Skill listen to this episode of the feed (go to this post – it starts at the 48:00 mark)
My Opinion On The New Anchor.fm
Yes they are adding more features
Yes, they still make it way too easy to add your show to Apple under their login and password (BOO+++!!!)
Their business model is not a business model. It's free 100% unlimited hosting.
There is a name for companies that use that business model: CLOSED – stay away using this for your “main” podcast.
Is This Adulting? My Interview with Chris and Steven
I love that this show is unlike any other show. they combine discussion on mental illness with comedy. I love that they put some time and effort into the show and both come to the microphones with ideas (and not just “turn on the microphone and wing it). Today we talk about:
- Their struggles with mental illness and why they started a podcast to debunk the stigma's
- What goes into an episode – combining mental illness and comedy
- Why they call their listener base is “Best Friends”
- Who is Karen?
- How starting a podcast has affected their life
- How the podcast has affected their listener's lives.
- How their podcast enables them to see their progress
- Their podcast is saving lives
- How being vulnerable is powerful to the audience
- What are the biggest stigmas?
- Have they ever gone too far?
- Why Steve walked away from his job to do the podcast
- Who they use for merch (teepublic.com)
- Advice for new podcasters
- Dealing with Haters
SPONSOR: Podcast Movement
– Join over 2,000 podcasters from around the world in Philadelphia this July 23 through 26 for three days of workshops, panels, parties and more
– The conference offers over 100 sessions on topics ranging from the technical aspects of setting up your equipment and the audio production to marketing and monetizing your current or future show.
– The expo hall features over 60 podcast service and equipment providers, so whether you're in the market for a microphone, or trying to figure out where to host your podcast, anyone who matters will be on site to help you out
It's July 23 – 26th in Philadelphia PA.
Use the code SOP when you sign up at www.podcastmovement.com and get $50 off any level of registration