You hear alot about LinkedIn (and other social networks) and you may be wondering, should I be using LinkedIn to help grow my podcast? Today I talk with LinkedIn Guru Karen Yankovich who is also a podcaster. If you're new to LinkedIn here are some fun facts:
- LinkedIn started on May 5, 2003
- LinkedIn has 332 million members
- 2 new users join every second
- 42 million unique mobile visitors per month. This stat is up from 29 million a year before (This is a 45% increase in just 12 months )
- 107 million users are in the USA alone
- The average time a user spends on LinkedIn is 17 minutes per month
- 25 million LinkedIn profiles are viewed every day
- One in three professionals on the planet are on LinkedIn
- You can increase your LinkedIn views by 11 times by including a photo
- 41% of users visit Linkedin via mobile
- 56% of members are male
- 44% of members are female
- 30,000 long-form posts are published on Linkedin every week
- 13% of LinkedIn users don’t have a Facebook account
- 59% of Linkedin users don’t visit Twitter
- LinkedIn users spend 26% of their time on LinkedIn using the mobile app
Interview With Karen Yankovich
Karen built her multiple 6-figure businesses by learning how to blend high-touch relationship-based marketing with practical business online savvy, and she brings that success to her clients as well. Her mission is to empower entrepreneurs to build highly profitable businesses doing what they love, all while making an impact.
Connect with Karen on LinkedIn
Check out her Good Girls Get Rich Podcast
Check out her free training at www.freelinkedinworkshop.com
[07:04] Karen Yankovich Interview
[08:00] Facebook vs LinkedIn – The Difference?
[09:00] Connect or Not Connect with Everyone?
[11:01 ]Top LinkedIn Mistakes
[13:24] What Can Podcasters Use LinkedIn For?
[15:00] Your LinkedIn Profile
[16:55] Articles Vs Posts
[18:13] LinkedIn Sales Navigator
[20:52 ]What Does LinkedIn Mean By Active?
[21:25] How much time does it take to see results?
[25:03] Who is Your Audience?
[26:30 ]The benefits of clarity
[28:35] What was the thing that stopped you from publishing?
[29:19] Best Feedback from your podcast
[30:18] Best LinkedIn Story
[32:30] What Does Karen Offer?
[38:03 ]Question of the Month
Special thanks to Kim Newlove from thepharmacistsvoice.com for the topic suggestion
My Main Takeaways
Here again, we hear how Karen has a clear idea of WHO she is talking to and trying to reach.
LinkedIn is not magic, but it helps you build relationships. Relationships can be magic
Don't just contact people and connect to make your numbers grow. You should have a plan. Start a conversation.
Do you homework and know who you are contacting so that first impression is a little warmer.
Get Some Honest Feedback on Your Podcast
Dave Jackson (15 years in podcasting) and Erik K. Johnson (30 Years in radio) will listen to your show, listen to the goals of your show, evaluated your website, audio quality, flow on content and let you know what you're doing right (so you can do more of that) and give you tips on how you can “polish” some parts of your podcast.
Question of the Month
I'm becoming obsessed with focus groups thanks to watching the TV Show The Profit on CNBC. I see people who are starting to market their show (or wonder why it may not be growing as fast as they want) and it always appears there has been a lack of honest feedback from people you feed would enjoy your show (your target audience). For May the question is again somewhat open-ended. The topic? Focus groups. Did you assemble any feedback? Would you be interested in getting feedback on your show? If you were to start one, do you have any ideas or insights?
Dave's Podcast Half Time Newsletter
Get insights into new tools, podcast news and more (unsubscribe any time)
We Are Podcast House Sessions
A great online event at www.wearepodcast.com
Ready to Start Your Podcast?
Check out www.schoolofpodcasting.com/start