Every month I ask a question of the audience, and you chime in. This month I ask THE question that everyone wants to know. In January we talked about Grow your downloads 15 minutes a day (episode 812). In June of last year, I gave you 30 Strategies to Grow Your Audience. (Episode 727)
In this episode I get to hear YOUR ideas, and share some “outside the box” ideas I found on Facebook.
Join the School of Podcasting
When you join the School of Podcasting you can quit worrying about:
Are people going to listen to me? (Yes, cause I'll show you how to see what they want).
Am I going to sound stupid? (No, as I'll show you the magic of editing)
It will cost a million dollars (No, I'll have you sounding like a million bucks without spending a million bucks).
I don't anything about this technology (You said the same thing about driving).
Get access to:
Step-by-step tutorials, live group coaching, a mastermind group filled with brilliant podcasting minds, and the ability to schedule as many one on one quick fix calls as you like at no extra charge.
Join worry-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Social Media
- Cross Promotion with other shows who share an audience/subject
- Having Guests
- Appearing as a Guest
- Buying Ads
- Being in all the directories
- Promo Swap (new show coming)
Outside the Box Answers
- I made postcards saying “let me add a little drama to your life” with links to my shows. I left stacks at truck stops, fitness centers, and doctor’s offices.- Faith McQuinn (I would add Laundromats)
- Placing business cards/bookmarks in books at stores in books on your subject
- Having an image on your phone about your show with a QR Code – Kim Newlove
- I’ve written short songs on my ukulele and played them to promote specific episodes. – Jen Edds
- My podcast focuses on books and writing in and about Oklahoma, so my daughter and I went on a book crawl of 8 OKC-area indie bookstores and posted IG updates throughout the day. By the time we got to the last few shops, they knew we were coming. – Jay Hall
- Door dash and put promo stickers on the bag? – Jeff Butcher
- I wear a t-shirt with my podcast logo on it to almost all networking events. – Caitlin Donovan
- My podcast is about geocaching (outdoor-based treasure hunt game). Part of the game there are items called trackables that people place in geocaches to be moved around to different geocaches. When I own a trackable I make a keychain with a QR code that loads to the podcast website that I attach to the trackable.- Amie Grant Tilk
- I once acquired an abandoned podcast's domain and forwarded their feed to my similar podcast.
- Went very old school–business cards. With a karaoke-themed podcast, being out at karaoke bars works well for spreading the word.We also turned our theme song (given to us by a musician friend) into a karaoke version through Fiverr, so we've done our theme song in places already familiar with us (still waiting to surprise said musician with it, as he personally gets really nervous doing karaoke but I get the feeling we can get him on stage with it).- Ed Cunard
- I gave the employees at my local Starbucks (I’m there every day) branded t-shirts & stickers for Xmas last yea. Jami Rice.
- Not really “unusual” but i have been connecting with indy musicians/singers to feature their music. It's a nice win win. I promote them, and in turn they are going to promote my podcast too. – Jay Lee
Mentioned in This Episode
Ingles Podcast – Promo
Where I Will Be:
Brandon from Start 100K
Scott from What Was That Like?
Kim from The Pharmacist's Voice
Mark from the History of North America
Heater from Watching Netflix Without You
Spencer from The Recovery Show
Shane from the Tourpreneur Show
Jedrzej from the Content Machine
Fred from the Podcast Reporter
Joe from the 222 Paranormal Podcast
Dad from the Dad Joke King Podcast
Question of the Month
I need your answer by 3/25/22
We love podcasting, but there are peaks and valleys. What keeps you going when your podcast isn't growing? Be sure to mention your website and a little bit about your show.
Subscribe/Follow the Show
Won't More Tips?
Check out my newsletter with additional podcast insights