There are times when we need to be able to answer hard questions about our show. Today we talk about some new posts from Apple, and in addition to ABT, we look at why you keep talking yourself out of starting your podcast.
Focusrite: The Vocaster Series Made For Podcasters
- AutoGain – Easily set your levels with the click of a button, with more than enough gain on tap (70dB) – no booster is needed
- Enhance – Four podcaster-approved voice presets to bring out the best in any voice
- Mute – Silence the mic with the touch of a button – don’t let unexpected interruptions get in the way of recording
- Connect your phone – Record phone calls, high-quality music, or other audio from your device, seamlessly
- Record to a camera – Plug in your camera and record directly to its memory card
- Loopback – Stream calls or any other audio you can think of from your computer with two sets of stereo loopback
- Included software – Hindenburg Lite to record, three months of SquadCast Pro + Video to bring in your guests, and six months of Acast Influencer to publish, you’re ready to get your show out there
- Learn more at: Focusrite.com/Vocaster
Apple Shares Another Update on Ratings and Reviews
We now have two different posts directly from Apple. BOTH OF THEM make sure to EXPLICITLY state how ratings and reviews do NOTHING for your show except provide social proof. Here are the links
The Hard Questions That Lead to Great Content
____ AND ____ BUT ____ THEREFORE ____. And here’s a sample ABT I’m going to provide you with. We’ll work on it as we “build” it, meaning as we improve its narrative shape and strength. ?There are 50 acres of woods next to my house AND it’s a beautiful property, BUT a developer is going to turn it into a housing development, THEREFORE
It reminded me of the Story Matrix outline in the book Out on the Wire: The Storytelling Secrets of the New Masters of Radio and that's when I noticed that both of these tools to help you create great content have a form of the question Why should we care? The NPR Story Matrix states, “And the reason it matters deeply to everyone I’m trying to reach with this story is….?
Did you listen to all of the episode?
If Not har far did you listen?
Why did you stop?
What is your main takeaway?
How likely are you to tell someone about the show?
Why should people care about your content?